Not sure which William this is- he is not William Joseph Morgan who was from another set of Morgans who were Quakers and in NC in the 1690s.
William Morgan - ?a brother to James Morgan? (wife Elizabeth Selah Milton)
Will 85mo, 129, probate May 1765
Joseph Morgan Will:
To my son Joseph Morgan all my land after my decease and my wife's (name not given) decease and to my sd son also all my cattle and hogs and all my moveable estate
to my sons William, Arnold, Sampson, Aaron and Timothy Morgan and my daughter Mary Toler one shilling and three pense each.
Extra: my son Joseph Morgan
Wits: John Jones, Sarah Joiner X her mark, Henry Johnson Probate refe rs to witness as Sarah Jones
Joseph Morgan (born 1745) died ca 1792 in 1773 29 Sep Age: 28 Joseph Morgan of Province of Md 200 acres on N bank Tar River on Gum Swamp from John White of Edge. Deed Bk 2 74 Wit.Th & Alex. Cromwall of Tar River
Children of Joseph Morgan of Edgecombe Co NC marriages 1st Sarah, 2nd Mary Jelk Atkinson
1. Mary MORGAN ca 1762 married Drury SPELL, given slave 1779 witnessed by John Spell (Drury's father) 1762-Sep.4-Joseph purchased 100 acres on the south bank of White Oak Swamp at the mouth of Cabin Branch in Edgecombe County -sold this land without a dower release on 19 April -either his wife had just died or he was still unmarried. Mary was born just before that or after a marriage which follows. 12 October 1774. Joseph and his wife Sarah sold 300 acres of their land to Jonas Shivers (Chavis?)
2. "Nancy" Ann MORGAN 1767 m. Ezekiel Causey and Levin/Leavin Causey Levin Causey's estate record says//Account received from a 1/5 part of the balance due from Mary Morgan Admrx. to the estate of Joseph Morgan Decd Aug Ct 1785. Joseph Will list four sons, one dtr Ann. Second will list only three sons, and step mother as 5th part. From Kinfolk of Edgecombe Cash was received from Mary Morgan adm. Div. of money among Mary Morgan, Anne Casway, John Morgan, Jo Morgan, Aug Court 1794.I show in my notes of Ezekiel Causey--"another, Ezekiel married Ann Morgan dtr of Joseph." I am not sure of the dates or location here.
3. James MORGAN 1770 made admist of his father will 1792) The Jas. may been Jos?
4. Joseph MORGAN 1772
5. John MORGAN 1776- in 1792 Aug. Term Court. John Morgan chose brother Joseph as guardian. (He may have reaches his majority by 1794 when he sold land "according to will of Joseph Morgan."
Joseph married 2nd Mary Jelk, widow Atkinson, 1779-1780 probably after the children's mother died. From Becky Oct. 2000 Joseph Morgan married 1780 Mary Jelks. #1 was m. John Atkinson 1774 Northampton Va. After Joseph Morgan's death, Mary remarried to David Hathaway: 1792 Petition May (614) for dower by David Hathaway and wife Mary, formerly widow of dec'd Joseph Morgan, stating deceased died possessed of 410 A composed of sepaerate titles, all on or near Tar River. Notice given to Joseph, John and David Morgan, all heirs of dec'd. Year's privision alloted the widow . (no date.)
7. Robert MORGAN b. ca 1784 died as a child before 1792
his father married Mary Atkinson 1779-1780 probably after the children's mother died
1. Joseph MORGAN got "all my land after my decease and my wife's (name not given) decease and to my sd son also all my cattle and hogs and all my moveable estate"
2. William MORGAN got one shilling and three pense
1794 Nov. 10 William Morgan will Edgecombe--probated Feb. Court 1795. Names sons William and John, dtr. Martha Price and Kiddy Jones and grandson David. Edgecombe NC Wills November 10, 1794-1795 William gives all land to son William Morgan and gr. son David Morgan gets mare and stock. (Is this the William who first appears 1763 records wife Sarah died prior to will)
4. Sampson got one shilling and three pense
5. Aaron got one shilling and three pense
6. Timothy Morgan got one shilling and three pense
7. Mary Toler got one shilling and three pense
Was this also a brother to James???1727/26 Oct 22-Nov 1730 Pasquotank Precinct NC:
ROBERT MORGAN will: sons Bennet, Joseph, Robert, Moses (a plantation to each), Aaron. Daughters Allis, Elizabeth, Ann, and Juda. Wife Elizabeth
Exec: sons Bennett and Joseph Morgan.
Wit: Abel Ross, Tamar Ross, Jeruas Jones, James Adams. Proven before Richard Everard.
1762-Sep.4-purchased 100 acres on the south bank of White Oak Swamp at the mouth of Cabin Branch in Edgecombe County -sold this land without a dower release on 19 April 1762